REPCo at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
Executive Chair (October 2013 – July 2015)
Founding Director (September 2010 – October 2013)
Repertoire by Entrepreneurial Performers Company (REPCo) is a Welsh Government-funded arts enterprise initiative providing funding, advice, and project management support to students running their own arts projects.
As Executive Chair, my duties and achievements included:
- Repositioning REPCo to become an integral part of academic training within the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama by:
- Broadening the scope of project proposals beyond music to include drama and theatre design
- Strategically integrating Masters in Arts Management students to contribute project management skills to projects led by Undergraduate student project leaders
- Raising and strengthening REPCo’s profile by executing a digital marketing strategy, and developing a visual brand manual
- Overseeing the allocation of a £16,000 annual fund to develop student-led arts projects
- Chairing a weekly forum of student project leaders, providing advice and support
- Producing six week-long festivals of student-led arts projects
National Theatre Wales
Producer (August – September 2014)
R. A. T. S. (Rise Against the System) by local artist Kyle Legall, combined music with contemporary theatre, whilst challenging socio-political issues which were pertinent to the artist and his local area of Butetown, Cardiff. As Producer, recruited through National Theatre Wales’ Emerging Producers initiative, I worked closely with Kyle to creatively develop his work during a research and development period, and oversaw the work of the director, 4 actors, and recruited a sound technician, striking a balance between the artist’s authentic vision and the highest possible artistic quality. The outcome was a public performance utilising site-specific locations and the established venue of Wales Millennium Centre, all located in the artist’s local area.